National Rail Museum (NRM), Min. of Railways, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi and Asia Pacific Heritage and Tourist Rail Organization
(APHTRO), a non-profit organization, will be organizing APHTRO Annual Conference at NRM,
New Delhi during 19-21 October, 2016.
This International Conference will bring eminent personalities, stakeholders, tour operators dealing with Heritage and Rail tourism from various parts of the globe deliberating on ideas and way ahead for promoting Heritage Rail tourism in Asia Pacific region especially in India. The conference will also present immense opportunities to service providers to showcase their products & services to an international audience for attracting more inbound/outbound tourists as well as creating synergy to build a sizeable heritage tourism market.
1. Programme and details on each session
|19.10.2016||0900-||NRM Entry Gate||Registration|
|19.10.2016||1000-1130||VIP Lounge, NRM||APHTRO AGM (For APHTRO delegates)
Exploring National Rail Museum (NRM)
|19.10.2016||1200-1300||NRM Auditorium||Presentation by Mr. Tarun Thkaral, Founder &
Managing Trustee, Heritage Transportation Trust
|19.10.2016||1400 - 1700||Visit to Heritage Transport Museum, Bilaspur-Taoru Road,
Off NH 8 Jaipur Highway Conference Delegation meeting Hon’ble Railway
Minister and Chairman, Railway Board,
Ministry of Railways at Rail Bhawan, New Delhi
|20.10.2016||0900-||NRM Entry Gate||Registration|
|20.10.2016||0900-1000||VIP Lounge, NRM||Annual General Meeting of WATTRAIN|
|20.10.2016||1000-1100||NRM Auditorium||Inaugural Session:
1. Inaugural Address : Mr. R K Verma, Secretary, Railway Board
2. Welcome Address: Mr. KyochiOda, President, APHTRO
3. Keynote Address :Dr.Bibek Deb Roy, Member, NITIAyog.
4. Address by Guests of Honour : Mr. Hemant Kumar, Member-Rolling Stock, Railway Board
5. Vote of Thanks: Mr. Rajesh Agarwal, Vice President APHTRO.
Session Chair: Dr.BibekDebroy
1. Mr. Adrian Shooter, Economic Values of Tourism
2. Mr. David Morgan, President, WATTRAIN
3. Mr. Sanjoy Mookherjee, Ex. Financial Commissioner, Indian Railways
4. Dr. Debashish Nayak, Director, Centre for Heritage Management, Ahmedabad University
5. Presentation by APHTROJordanian Delegation (TBC)
|20.10.2016||1300 - 1400||NRM||Lunch|
1. Mr. Hsu, Member, APHTRO
2. Mr. Chahatey Ram, General Manager, NF Railway, Indian Railways
3. Mr. Rajesh Agarwal, VP, APHTRO
4. Mr. Amit Chopra; Heritage Rail Tourism Potential in India
5. Mr. KyochiOda, President APHTRO
How to make India as centre of Heritage Rail Tourism in India
Panellists: David Morgan, Adrian Shooter, KyochiOda,
Moe Chiba (UNESCO), Rajesh Agarwal
|20.10.2016||1900-||NRM||Cultural Function and Dinner|
|21.10.2016||0900-1100||NRM Entry Gate||Registration|
1. Dr. Sanjeev Kishore, Divisional Railway Manager, Alipurduwar,NF Railway - Development of Coochbehar Museum
2. Mr. Uday Singh Mina, Director, NRM- Redevelopment of National Rail Museum & Rewari Steam Centre
3. Mr. Vinoo Mathur, President RES & Retired Member Traffic, Railway Board
4. Mr. Subrata Nath, Executive Director /Heritage, Railway Board, Rail Heritage: Planning for future (Confirmed)
5. Mr. K Natarajan, (TBC)
|21.10.2016||1200-1300||NRM Auditorium||Concluding Session:
Panel Discussion –Takeaway points,
Roadmap for Future: KyochiOda, Rajesh Agarwal, VinooMathur,
Dr. Sanjeev Kishore, Chairperson: Mr. Chahatey Ram
|21.10.2016||1400-||Excursion to Rewari Heritage Steam Centre|
|Access to National Rail Museum (NRM) and Conference Venue will strictly be based on Delegate ID/Badge
that will be provided at the time of Registration.
Registration Counter will be outside NRM Entry Gate.
2. Registration : Click here
(Opportunities for Tour Providers to showcase their products and network during the conference. Book a stall of 100 sq feet size at USD 1200 or INR 80,000 and get registration for two delegates free of cost for 3 days alongwith slot of 15 min. at conference for corporate presentation/movies. For booking please contact at email@example.com)
3. Conference Fees
|Delegates||$60 for one day or $150 for all three days||INR 4000 for one day or INR 10,000 for all three days|
|Spouse/Children of delegates||40% of delegate fees||40% of delegate fees|
|Students, APHTRO members||30% discount||30% discount|
4. Travel to New Delhi : New Delhi is well connected to all parts of the Globe through major airlines. For airline booking email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Accommodation: Accommodation can be arranged in following hotels. Book accommodation here click here
6. Pre and Post Conference Tours : List of Tours For Booking here click here
7. Conference Venue
International Conference on Rail Heritage and Tourism
Venue: Auditorium, National Rail Museum (NRM), Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
8. Paper Submission
Paper Submission Information
The conference seeks submissions from rail heritage tourism stakeholders, academia, government, students on any of the following themes. Accepted papers will be published by APHTRO as conference proceedings.
Paper Submission Process
Submissions must be made by the deadline of Friday, September, 30, 2016 2359 Hrs IST (+5.30 GMT). Submitted papers must not substantially overlap papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal, conference or workshop. Simultaneous submission of the same work is not allowed. Note that submitted papers cannot be withdrawn. Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their papers will be presented at the conference.
Submissions must be at most 6000-7500 words including the bibliography and well-marked appendices.
Optionally any amount of supplementary material may be uploaded in a separate file.
Only PDF files will be accepted.Paper can be submitted through email only to: email@example.com with copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download submitted papers.